Hoot Hoot (That's a spooky owl's call)

[ source ]




Happy first day of November, everyone!

Halloween was this weekend and I did it up in style, or at least that was what I tried for! My costume was a WWII nurse with a bit of pin-up thrown in. I wore a Joe Fresh white blouse with a vintage skirt, H&M seamed stockings, Killah shoes, a Kay's Caps authentic nurse's cap, and a cape sewed by my wonderful mother.
And I did my hair with a mix of wire rollers, sponge rollers, and pin curls. It was such a mess before I brushed it out, I looked like little orphan Annie.



My sister went as a Boardwalk Empire-esque 1920s "lady-of-the-night" (prostitute!) The fur coat is mine, vintage from the 1950s.



My good friend Anna, a fiercely Liberal lady, went as a young Republican circa the 80s. Fun fun.



We spent most of our night dining and dancing at Sneaky Dee's. My mouth is still pretty sore from wisdom teeth surgery so I had to be very patient with those nachos, which was a shame because I was so hungry.


I hope you all had a fun, safe, and well-costumed Halloween. Now it's time to think about the holidays!


Post a Comment

0 Comments