Halloween and what not ...

Yes, finally doing a little update about my Halloween costume. I struggled quite a bit trying to decide what to dress up as, but ended up going with a swan which was actually a part of my Halloween costume guide from last year.


The wings were store bought, the headband was from the dollar store and then I glued feathers to it myself, my dress was BCBG and my necklace was vintage given to me by my grandmother. If you are interested in knowing a little bit about the products I used for my make-up, you can read about it here.


That was Saturday. When it came around to actual Halloween and handing out candy to the kiddies, I didn't feel like doing the make-up again so I just re-purposed the wings and gave myself a braided "halo" and went as an angel. It was fun, I just played spooky music out of a boombox and got to see tons of cute little babies saying "twick o' tweet!" So cute. We had so much candy, and I made sure to put aside some for myself, but it's all gone now. BUMMER!

Also, this weekend on the Friday I went to a 1920's Murder Mystery Masquerade. It was pretty fun, mostly to see so many people decked out in their Prohibition-era finest, and they had a 3-piece jazz band and professional Charleston dancers to show everyone how it's done. Originally I was going to wear a black fringed dress (so cliché, right?) but it ended up not fitting so I went with the BCBG dress from Halloween, underneath a turquoise floral chiffon dress worn as a sort of robe. I guess my outfit theme was "20's-era hooker, the morning after", ha. I was running on little time getting ready so my hair and make-up were a damn mess, but whatever, I had FUN!

See what I mean about my hair being whacked out? What is going ON with that?


Oh, by the way, I met Jeffrey Eugenides last week. (!!!)


So basically, life is good. And now I'm just getting very excited for the holidays ... what about you?

xoHannah

Post a Comment

0 Comments